Monday, February 09, 2009

Kindle user and the early loser

Amazon announced today that it was launching the second version of its reading device - Kindle.  I knew this was coming and that I might end up being the loser !
 I got the first version of the Kindle back in August 2008 and fell in love with it.  Being an avid reader, I just loved Kindle's one important capability - access to Amazon wirelessly.  I could browse books and download them from Amazon's website very efficiently.  Additionally, the availbility of magazines such as Forbes, Fortune, Time and Newsweek really upped the ante.

However, I had to tradeoff being an early adopter of the first generation device or buy it once it gets better in the second or the third generation. For once, I chose to be the first, and although I feel like a loser, I am still happy I am the first loser!

No comments: