Unbelievable it is, when a Republican commentator goes on record saying that Americans would understand when told that Sarah Palin does not even have a passport. Apparently, whether a politician has a passport or not could be an indicator of their foreign policy credibility!
Other things I have heard on news:
- Being the governor of the state that is closest to the new belligerent Russia will help her credibility in dealing with Mr.Putin (good luck to that).
- She was the mayor of a town with a population of 7000 and a state with a population of about 700,000 - that qualifies her and apparently makes her even better than Mr. Obama (who by the way beat the mighty Clinton machine with his organizational skills).
- She is a working mom and therefore understands the issues of women better - well, this seems reasonable.
- She is pro-life; I don't understand how this would benefit women though.
- She believes in creationism - hmm, it must be a miracle of nature that someone with her credentials is getting national stage. So, let's give it to her on this one.
- A republican strategist claims she is a great administrator because she sold a plane on ebay!