Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Hillary, Obama and small money

I am not an expert on politics, but that shouldn't be a qualification for being a political junkie, I hope.  As I watch the news networks scramble to cover the nomination saga, and read more about it, I realized that the key difference between the two candidates is their sources of money.  The Obama campaign has relied on grass roots financing and given that the race for nomination is not over yet, this strategy might work for them.  The initial rounds have been anything but conclusive and I doubt if the Clinton campaign can continue to raise big money as the race drags on.  Already, there are reports that Hillary is loaning her own campaign money!  It is the small money that might get Obama across the finish line, finally.  Ironical, isn't it, given that Hillary has greater support among the middle and lower income groups than Obama!

No comments: