Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Nittany Lions to Tarheels

I had spent the first five years of my life in the US rooting for a football team that bordered on being amazing (2005 season) to often mediocre.  Yes, I was referring to the Penn State Nittany Lions.  I always hoped they would beat Michigan, but they never did in my entire five years in happy valley.  I will always watch the big games - Penn State vs. Ohio State and Penn State vs. Michigan, don't get me wrong.  But I have to move on.

Well, I am so glad that my university team is ranked number 1 in the country -  not in football but in basketball. The UNC Tarheels opened this year's season, ranked number one and, as usual are the favorites to win the championship at the end of March madness.  I hope they do.  They came so close to it last year and lost it during the elite eights to Georgetown. I want them to win this year!

No comments: