Thursday, April 12, 2007

Iraq War and Indian Monsoons

I am back with my two hometown uncles.  This time around, the conversation took place at my sister's marriage and was reported to me by my close friend Kayyes (srini86.blogspot.com ).  This incident happened in the summer of 2003, a few months after the Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Man 1:  Guru, have you been reading the news on Iraqi war lately?

Man2:  Yeah, America thinks it is the world's police.  Moreover, they are not thinking about the consequences of the war on other countries.

Man 1:  That's true.

Now, Kayyes was following this conversation. So now my uncle turns him to him and says,

Man 1: Do you think the Indian Monsoons will be affected by the war on Iraq?

Kayyes was speechless.  Definitely, cause and consequence were of no concern to these guys.  Butterfly effect@work.

 

No comments: