Friday, January 05, 2007

I(we) am sick of big pharma!!

Will it ever end.  Came across this story, and could not help wondering - how many times have I read this type of storyline before. 

Wonder drug comes on the market; wonder drug hits 5 billion yearly sales in 4 years; patients develop new complications; wonder drug firms pays fines.  Give me a break!!  There must be some serious oversight at work in the FDA approval process.  If I am a bipolar disorder patient, I don't want my other guy get diabetes and die a premature death !! Is that what Eli was trying ? !

Agreed; that there will be side effects.  What's abhorring and scary is that Big Pharma hides such ill effects more often than it truthfully discloses them for making profits and increasing the wealth of shareholders!!




No comments: